Celebrations!

John's birthday cardTim and Nina's anniversary cardLuminary 2013

August has been a busy month for me! I had a nephew’s birthday, Relay for Life and my sister’s anniversary to celebrate. Along with end of the summer celebrating to do. As my kids will start school again this Wednesday the 21st.

Anyways, I wanted to share what I have been doing and creating even if I have not been posting.

My nephew just turned 17 and is a big Doctor Who fan so I wanted to do a element in that so hence the photobooth stamp I used from the set that we got in Salebration this year. It was from the Feeling Sentimental stamp set. Inside the little tag I had stamped Celebrate! which was also from the same stamp set. I had embossed his card with the Alphabet Press (130916) $7.95 I also used the Designer Series Paper Soho Subway (130140) $10.95

Before I became a Stampin’ Up! Demo I was a scrapbooker so I have a lot of paper stash and accessories.  For my sister’s anniversary card I used what I had and came up with a fast and simple card. Inside though the greeting was stamped with the Teeny Tiny Wishes Set (128748) W $36.95 (127802) C $26.95

For those of you familiar with Relay for Life you know it’s a big fundraiser and awareness relay that the American Cancer Association puts on. My family and I have been doing this for 2 years now. Unfortunaly, we had lost our Mom to Pancreatic Cancer on April 15, 2011. One of the things you can do is make a luminary bag that they will have lit during the luminary service around the track as that is where a relay usually takes place. I used a mix of Stampin’ Up! product and non. The flowers were punched with the Blossom punch. (125603) $16.95

I hope you enjoyed what I shared. I wanted you to encourage to use your stash whether its retired, non stampin’ up and the like. Better to make beautiful things than to hoard it for that special day that may never come. And the way I see it? You can always buy more! Hehe.

Thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions or in need of a catalog please let me know. I would love to help you out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry and Bright

Beary Comforting

Poinsettia Card